Hi. I'm a married 55 year old dad with 4 daughters that's trying to return to a normal life following an accident in late 2018 that has made me walk like somebody in their 80s. My goal is to keep track of my progress as I try to relearn how to safely walk down the street, climb steps and even safely climb a ladder.
7 years ago, I fell down the steps in my house rupturing my left knee cap. Following surgery, 8 weeks in a miserable cast and weeks of physical therapy, I was able to return to a normal life. So when I did the same damage to my right knee two years ago following another fall in my house, I figured that my life would be back to normal by the following springs. As we often find, life doesn't always go according to plans.
18 months later, I found myself falling down 2-3 times a week (often in parking lots). Climbing stairs was limited to those with railings as I climbed left foot/left foot/left foot forcing my wife and girls to have to spend time waiting on me even on outings to grocery stores.
Facing more surgeries last April, I decided instead to take the next three months to a completing a workout program in the hopes that I could avoid another trip to the hospital.
This blog will be dedicated to documenting my progress (or lack thereof).
Comments
Post a Comment